03 September, 2009

A quick tour of the Worth-Knox House

We have been working on our house for a little over two years now but I just started my blog about the process yesterday. I though that perhaps I should give a short tour of some of the highlights of the house before I dove back into the renovations. I read that a well designed bungalow should make you fall in love with it as soon as you walk in the front door and that was so true when we first looked at this house. Actually I think I was sold in the driveway but I am easy. The porch entry is a large arch with the same arch repeated in the front door frame. The front windows are also arched.
















The back of the house has a Tudor influence while the front is more like an Italian Villa(I said it was eclectic.)The four windows to the left are at the top of the stair and are the best place in the house to view the sunset. The dining room to the right shows the beautiful leaded glass fireplace and
painted woodwork! Yes we have our work cut out for us and if anyone out there has some miracle stripping techniques please don't hesitate to tell me. The living hall is a large room with the center feature being the inglenook. The stairs go up and around the chimney(More stripping!) If anyone has any advise on getting the paint off the bricks I would love to know the best way to go about it. Our front light is original to the house and is vaseline glass. It has a small chip and I would love any info the possibility of having it repaired.






This is our front porch and one of the next pictures shows what it looked like when we first saw the house. It is a great extention of the living space and the whole family spends a lot of time on the porch. The last two photos are of the front of the house in spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment